And hereby, my comeback into the blog arena is being marred by a controversial self-obsessed post, itself inspired primarily by the Orkut profile of Suneet Kumar (well to put it into perspective - even he saw it on a friend's profile so I guess IPR is not much of an issue here).
So here goes my attempt at telling things about myself in a cute way - Its Just About Me :
* My favorite colour is light green. Don’t ask me why.
* I have about 30 friends who would hate me if I didn’t make it to their wedding. I can’t possibly make 30 trips to India in the next 4 years, though. Maaf karna, bhailog.
(Update 1 - 04/03/2009 - I've already missed those of Dhingra, Satrajit & Yash)
* I prefer co-operation to competition. In a competitive environment, I’ll be a dove. As a general rule, I dislike hawks.
* I measure time by minutes and not every 5 minutes. If the time is 4:24, I won’t say its 4:30 or even 4:25.
* I can be the most mature and responsible guy you have ever met, or the kiddiest. Depends on whether you are male or female.
* I prefer tea to coffee.
* The only virtual games I have played with any hint of proficiency are Snake III and RoadRash.
* My favourite novelist is P.G. Wodehouse. If you haven’t read him, you won’t understand me fully, ever.
* I think I’ll make a good boyfriend and an even better husband.
* I wait for Friday every week coz it’s the only day I can arrive in office in jeans.
* I want to do some kind of service to society some day. No clue how to go about it.
* I don’t dream big. Never have. Never will. Take life as it comes.
* I want people to appreciate me at work.
* I love kids. And I don’t like people who don’t.
* I derive much of my strength in life from Joydev. I won’t even begin to describe what this association means to me.
* Illumination and Controls are two of the best things to have happened in my life.
* I have really ever loved only two places – Durgapur and Kolkata. Surprisingly, I miss the cities more than the people I know there.
* I am a hopeless romantic optimist and spend much of my time thinking about non-existent females in my life.
* I have a very good memory when it comes to names, phone numbers, license plates, roads, directions, birthdays and the like. I could never memorize a poem for more than 2 days though.
* I'm a very good listener. Another way of saying that I’m not much of a conversationalist.
* I’m very good at 29. My father never taught me bridge.
* I am one of the few drinkers I know who used to like vodka and whisky equally. Now scotch is all I can tolerate. Never much a sucker for rum, though.
* I can flirt with girls effortlessly while chatting.
* I'm very bad at interviews and group discussions. Hopefully will not have to encounter too many of those in future
* I stayed awake for 61 hours once.
* I used to be a loner and liked it. Till DFE, Patel Hall happened.
* I am a big unabashed foodie. I am recently trying to master the art of filling my own stomach.
* I can play passable soccer, table tennis and badminton.
* I want to have a Fusball table in my house one day, a la Joey and Chandler.
* I have experienced wild weight swings. From 67 kg pre-IIT to 52 kg in 3rd year to 65 kg now.
* I like to dance when I am drunk. I only like to dance when I’m drunk, though. And not with girls.
* I'm usually superficially unfazed in all kinds of situations. As they say, mujhe kabhi load nahin hota.
* I like watching new Hindi releases and don’t much care about reviews.
* I hate chewing gum and bubble gum.
* My sleep is getting lighter these days. Still, do not expect me to pick up your call if I’m sleeping.
* I maintain that cigarettes are highly injurious to health. My health is deteriorating sharply.
* Thums Up is the only carbonated drink I’ve ever liked. Mountain Dew came close.
* Last but not the least, I’m not very innovative or creative, but I can write well. Proof of the pudding is in the eating :))
Okk I must admit - I was bribed one bottle of Jack Daniels to write this post ;)